Chains for the Weak(약자에게 준비된 사슬) Dan Bressers
If you hold a gun and I hold a gun,
자네에게 총이 있고, 나도 있다면
we can talk about law.
우린 법치를 논할 수 있겠지
If you hold a knife and I hold a knife,
자네에게 칼이 있고, 나도 있다면
we can talk about rules.
우린 규범을 논할 수 있을 거야
If you come empty-handed and I come empty-handed,
자네가 빈손이고 나도 마찬가지라면
we can talk about reason.
우리는 인간 이성을 논할 수 있을거네
But if you have a gun and I only have a knife,
그런데 자네가 총을 가지고 난 칼 밖에 없다면
then the truth lies in your hands.
진실이란 자네 손에 달려있지
If you have a gun and I have nothing,
자네가 총이 있고 내가 빈손이라면
what you hold isn't just a weapon — it's my life.
자네가 가진 건 그냥 총이 아냐, 내 목숨이라네
The concepts of law, rules, and morality
법치, 규칙, 도덕성이란 개념은
only hold meaning when they are based on equality.
오직 두 사람이 동등해야만 성립하는 것
The harsh truth of this world is that when money speaks, truth goes silent.
세상의 가혹한 진실은 돈이 말할 때 진실은 침묵한다는 것
And when power speaks, even money takes three steps back.
권력이 말할 때는, 그 돈 조차도 세 걸음은 물러난다네
Those who create the rules are often the first to break them.
규칙을 만든 자들은 가장 먼저 규칙을 깨고
Rules are chains for the weak, tools for the strong.
규칙이란 약자를 위한 사슬이며 강자의 도구인 것
In this world, anything good must be eradicated,
세상에 존재하는 모든 선량함은 제거되어야 한다
because goodness breeds defiance, and defiance threatens order.
선함은 반항을 낳고, 반항은 질서를 위협하므로
There is no mercy.
자비는 없으며
There is no justice.
정의도 없다
There is only the will to dominate, and the silence of those who fall.
존재하는 것은 오직 지배코자 하는 의지와 지배당하는 자의 침묵 뿐
Truth is whatever I decide it to be.
진실은 힘이 결정하며
Morality is the weapon of the defeated.
도덕이란 패배자의 무기
And in the end, everything bends… or it breaks.
그리고 종국에 모든 자는 몸을 굽히리라, 그렇지 않으면 부러질 뿐
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기